Art by Stephen Doran
My art is 5 projects that reflect my past and where I was in the moment.
Although some of the work can be seen separately elsewhere, with this space,
I show all the projects together.
Each project has predetermined boundaries, limiting what ideas, influences and materials are used. For me, this gives me more freedom.
This is shown visually at the gallery in cardboard boxes.
I use whatever space I have as a gallery.
Originally used a car workshop, now it’s in a kitchen.
The work is paintings, silkscreen prints, mixed media and limited edition prints by Stephen Ritter.
2 Shacklewell St (off Brick Lane) London E2 7EG - Mapwww.motorsgallery.co.uk
Stephen Ritter graduated from the London College of Printing (UAL) in 1996.
Selected solo shows:
- 2011 Riverside Studios, London W6
- 2009 The Gift Shop, London E1
- 2008 The Parlour, London NW5
- 2005 The Coningsby Gallery, London W2
Selected group shows:
- 2013 Art at the Bridge #4, Tower Bridge, London SE1
- 2011 Elements - ‘Material Worlds’, The Forum, Norwich
- 2011 Eastern Open, Kings Lynn Arts Centre, Norfolk
- 2010 Elements - ‘Man and the Environment’, The Forum, Norwich
- 2008 Eastern Open, Kings Lynn Arts Centre, Norfolk
- 2006 Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, Mall Galleries, London SW1
- 2005 21st Century Watercolour, Bankside Gallery, London SE1
- 2004 The Naked Eye Gallery, Hove
- 2002 Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, Mall Galleries, London SW1
- 2001 Laing Art Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London SW1
- 2000 Laing Art Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London SW1
- 1999 Firstsite, The Minories, Colchester